Computer Use Policy
- All users of the library's computers who live, work, or attend school in Summit county must have a valid Cuyahoga Falls Library card. Use of a guest card is restricted to legitimate visitors.
- Library staff will only give out a barcode once a year, and then only with adequate identification.
- PARENTS and LEGAL GUARDIANS of minors (up to 18 years of age) MUST ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY for their children’s use of the Internet.
- Users must adhere to session limits.
- Due to space constraints near the computers there is a limit of two persons to each computer.
- Computer users are required to follow the library's behavior policy.
- Downloading of files may not be done to the computers' hard disk drives.
- YOU ARE ADVISED THAT THE LIBRARY CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES TO USERS' PERSONAL DATA, DISKS, and/or DEVICES that may occur from using the Library’s workstations.
- Problems should be reported to the library staff.
- Unacceptable use of the library's computers will result in revocation of computer privileges.
- Violation of applicable local, state and federal laws
- Interfering with or disrupting other users
- Representing yourself as another person
- Attempting to install software
- Logging off, turning off, rebooting/ unplugging the equipment
- Tampering with settings
- Displaying or printing text/graphics which may reasonably be construed as obscene or harmful to minors or offensive to other library users.
- Damaging hardware.
Violations will result in the following:
- 1 month suspension of computer privileges.
- Permanent revocation of computer privileges.
Printing costs are as follows:
- 5¢ per page for black and white prints.
- 25¢ per page for color prints.
The library's staff is unable to provide in depth training concerning the Internet or computer use, but will
offer assistance in accessing the Internet.
Due to the evolving nature of these services, policies are subject to change without notice.